Maintenance of the instrument
With every music instrument, and particularly with woodwind instruments,
you have to consider:
Treat the material with respect!
- Avoid variations in temperature
- Never leave your instrument in the sun or in the hot car
- In case of new instruments, we advice you not to play for hours in the beginning, but to get the wood used to the strain slowly
- While playing, regularly control the Verbindungszapfen / mounts in order to avoid that they get stuck.
- Try not to let the instrument fall down
- If you have problems with the sound or the mechanism, don’t hesitate to contact the instrument maker
- Clean and dry the instrument after playing
- When cleaning the instrument with stick and cloth, don’t touch the headjoint cork
- Wipe the wood regularly with almond oil and after some time the whole instrument in order to avoid crusts
- Check that the cork and the keys shut tightly by closing the fingerholes and the main bore on one side and blowing and drawing in with the mouth
- Send us your instrument after some time for further checks
We are pleased to answer any further questions.